Wednesday 19 August 2015

First Trimester DONE!

It has definitely been a long 12 weeks... we got to see the baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks, the developing foetus at 10 weeks and an alien looking baby at 12!

Starting from the first scan at 8 weeks...
This scan was amazing! We got to see a little jelly bean in my tummy with a strong heartbeat! I didn't personally cry but I can't speak for Max...(just kidding he didn't either haha)

Our next scan was with our OBGYN Dr. Lewis. We met him for the first time at 10 weeks and he gave us an ultrasound as well. Our baby was already very active at this stage with a strong heartbeat jumping around everywhere! Dr. Lewis was very happy with what he saw and so were we. Its hard to complain about all those symptoms when you can physically see what your body is capable of.

The final scan for the first trimester was our 12 week scan. This gave us some information about any health risks or issues the baby may have. I am happy to report that we got an A+ back from the doctor! Our baby has a strong heartbeat of 152 and we could see the arms, legs, spine, brain, feet all developing! The women taking the ultrasound had trouble getting a clear shot of our baby since it was jumping around so much! Not only that, it was actually hanging out upside down in my uterus...right against my stomach. This would later explain my indigestion and heartburn.



The ultrasound technician was quick to call our baby a gymnast haha (not knowing that I dedicated much of my life to that very sport) We shall see what happens once he/she is out of the womb I guess.

My symptoms at the end of week 12 had gone down a lot. I had a bit more energy and only nauseous if I was really hungry. So small meals throughout the day was key!

I have gained 2kg total for my first trimester...my dr., told me not to worry too much about my weight as I started this pregnancy quite fit and healthy. I train at the gym twice a week (if I'm not sick) and working everyday running around with my kindy gymnastics.  Prior to my pregnancy I was working through a collarbone injury and of course my very dreadful compartment syndrome. I am definitely staying active but haven't really pushed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment