Wednesday 27 April 2016

2 months old!

Yay! Baby girl is 2 months old :) 




She is weighing in at 5kg and I love every single roll! Daddy is back at work and missing her dearly...When he's not home late he gives her a bath and gets tummy time in! 



Aaliyah loves water and starts her swim classes at 10 weeks! I decided to get in the bath with her and it was a huge success! I was hoping it would be because bath time is such a great opportunity for bonding that Max can have with her too. 







Breastfeeding is going so well now! I feel like a pro compared to the first month...feeling confident and have breastfed a few times in public! I'm totally behind normalising breastfeeding and yet to have any negative comments (to my face) about breastfeeding. I'm not whipping out my boob but if baby needs to eat than she eats. Not that I care what people think of me breastfeeding, but I want my baby to be comfortable while she eats...A great place to breastfeed (for me) is in the car with the air-conditioning on just before I go into the shops or somewhere...I get to listen to music and get a bit of privacy so Aaliyah doesn't get distracted. 



Our night routine is going really well and has actually turned into a routine that we can all stick to!
Feed between 5.30pm-6pm
Bath time between 6pm-7.30pm
Bed time between 7.30pm-9.30pm (depending when we have dinner...she usually sits in her bouncer just relaxing but eyes wide open!
If she isn't asleep by 9pm she gets a little feed and then usually falls straight to sleep.

She will wake up to feed once in the night..anywhere between 1am-3am and then we are up for the day between 6am-7am

I really think a routine is forming (even though she's still so young) and its great...Aaliyah knows when its time for a bath and bedtime and gets fussy and as soon as we feed and bath she calms down and gets ready for bed!

Her favourite music to sleep to is Bob Marley :) obviously my pick but I put on an hour playlist of Bob and by the time the playlist is finished Aaliyah is sleeping! Thank you reggae :) 



Also....

Aaliyah has a mild flat spot on the side of her head...i think this formed mainly because she was only feeding on one side so always laying on that spot of her head. She favours her right side so we have been working on longer tummy time and sleeping and looking to the left. Hopefully this resolves the flat spot in the next 2 months or we might have to go physio or something!


No comments:

Post a Comment